Monday, November 8, 2010

Mini Update

I haven't blogged in over a week and a lot has happened since then. Here's a little snapshot of the week's happenings:

  • I played electric in a worship service for the first time in months. It was really fun/awesome.
  • I've lost 20 lbs. since moving to Idaho. (Very excited about this one)
  • I went to a college-age service last Thursday and LOVED it. (Details to follow)
  • Starbucks gave us all a $150 bonus.
  • I bought a Wampler Cranked AC clone pedal for $40. Awesome Craigslist steal.
Life is chugging right along here in Idaho. It's already November and I can't believe how much has happened in my first month in Idaho. Time slowed waaaaaay down when I got here and I am glad for it. It's allowed me to accomplish things and for God to accomplish things in my heart that wouldn't have happened without stillness.

Being still has allowed me to give God more of my time, and that was long overdue. Last Monday I went down to the river and worshiped God. Just me, my guitar, the water, and a couple passers-by. It was venerable, it was honest, it was worship in its entirety. It brought me closer to God and I felt a blissful peace as I drove home.

Thursday night I went to a friend's college age church service. I was a little nervous to go somewhere I didn't know more than a couple people, but I felt home the minute I walked through the door. The message was on prayer and more specifically "Opening The Iron Gate," in reference to Acts chapter 12 (which I suggest you read right now). The message was heavy and powerful. The Holy Spirit's presence was extremely strong in the little room where we met.

I sat next to a guy I'd never met before and at one point during the service, he put his hands on me and started praying for me. It was a really cool experience. Here is this guy I've never met. He doesn't know me. He doesn't know my life or anything about who I am. For the first time in my life, I felt like someone was praying for me out of obedience to God. God told him to pray for me, so he did. We talked after the service was over and he explained that he normally doesn't just pray for someone, but he felt God telling him there was an anointing on my life, and that he needed to pray for me. I explained to him that I was a worship leader and had just moved here, confirming God's pressing on his heart. It was a really cool time of worship and fellowship.

I left so excited to pray and tell everyone about what I had experienced. I was so joyful at finding a place where I can be excited to go worship and fellowship with others my age. Such an answer to prayer.

Justin


No comments:

Post a Comment