Sunday, December 5, 2010

Forgiveness

I shared this with a friend last week, and saw it fitting as a blog entry...

This Summer, I listened to a message by an awesome preacher named Voddie Baucham, on forgiveness. His main point was this (Imagine a large, Southern Black man preaching this to you, with GUSTO!): When you aren't willing to forgive someone (or you're tempted not to), imagine yourself standing before God, attempting to explain to Him, why you shouldn't forgive them. Imagine God's response to you, "Who do you think you are?! Who do you think you are, that you are somehow above forgiving others? How dare you call yourself mine."

That was extremely moving for me. I've never really had a problem with being unwilling to forgive, but this was still very refreshing for me to hear. Putting ourselves into perspective with who God is and who we are is essential for understanding forgiveness as a continual process, rather than a one-time thing.


Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment