Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Peace

"In peace I will lie down and sleep,
for you alone, LORD,
make me dwell in safety."

As I type this, I'm overlooking a peaceful river, surrounded by mountains and the purest evergreens one could ever hope to find...

I always talk about how crazy my life is and I guess that probably gets a tad redundant, true as it may be. I guess I shouldn't expect anything less, being a single 24-year-old man trying my best to live freely in the will of God. My life is at His mercy and sometimes that means dealing with chaos. Chaotic and hectic as my life can get, I know I can be at peace and rest in God's plan and hope for my life. For that I so thankful.

It's good to get away from the everyday business that is my life. Work, responsibilities, meetings and schedules. I'm playing guitar at a church camp this week and it's been an amazing blessing to me. Not only has it been a great escape of a vacation, but time for me to slow down and rest.

In my last post, I talked about big news I couldn't wait to announce. By this time, a lot of you already know, but I've joined a band called The Waiting Kind, playing guitar and singing backup. I can't even express the blessing this opportunity is to me. I've dreamed about being in a touring band since the first time I saw Pedro the Lion at age 15. God has been so good to me through these guys I only met a couple months ago, proving He cares enough to fulfill the desires of my heart. We are all very excited about what God is going to do with this band and can't wait to see where He takes us.

God finds us in our unrest, in our troubles and brokenness and picks us up. The moment we stop resisting Him, we find Him and discover His presence in a way we've never experienced.

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment