Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Idaho...

I've been here in Idaho on vacation since Saturday night. This is the first time I've had time to be alone and reflect on what has happened in the past few days...

Sunday night, we found out m grandma had passed away earlier that day. My mom had tried calling her a few times with no answer and had my aunt go to her house to check on her, where she found her; in her favorite nightgown, watching Christian television and wrapped in her favorite blanket. The paramedics said it didn't look like there had been any struggle or pain in her passing. It was a peaceful, painless passing; just what she deserved after being in pain for the past 4 or 5 years. My grandma and I had a very special relationship and I am so thankful she was able to see my ministry in the church on a number of occasions. She is our family's heritage when it comes to singing, so it's safe to say she taught me everything I know. I had a few really special moments with her in the past few months... After leading worship for a service at Pathways, she asked me to tell her the words to "You Hold Me Now," by Hillsong United. She told me she was so proud of me for what I was doing in the church. I know we think old people just don't get us sometimes when it comes to worship; they think it's too loud or too fast, but my grandma got it. She understood what the Holy Spirit was doing in my life and in my church, through me and that was amazing.

My mom had a really hard time with her mom's passing and I was so happy to be here with her when she found out. I know that was the reason God put the idea in my head to come to Idaho for my birthday...

I turned 23 yesterday... It was a pretty bleak birthday, processing my grandma's death. My parents and I went to lunch and to see Sherlock Holmes (which was awesome) but I just couldn't be happy. I was pretty quiet the whole day, which is very unlike me (as you know, haha).

Today is going very well. I am feeling very joyful. I planned the worship service for the year anniversary of my friend Cody's death, and I'm so excited to see God work and dwell among us while we worship Thursday night. God is so good and so faithful and I know He is going to inspire change in someone's life Thursday night.

I'm about to do lunch with my mom, then go b-day shopping so I'm looking forward to spending time with her and soaking up some wisdom!

"Chains be broken, lives be healed. Eyes be opened, Christ is revealed."

No comments:

Post a Comment