Monday, September 20, 2010

Goodbyes...

I leave San Diego this Friday, and have already had to say a few goodbyes...

Yesterday was my last Sunday at Pathways. I had the blessing of leading worship for both morning services, and it was an amazing way to spend my last week. I got some cards, lots of hugs and tons of encouragement and that meant so much. To know you've succeeded at making a lasting impact on even one person's life is an amazing thing, and it made leaving a little easier for me. Praise God for that. Second service worship was heavy. A friend from Starbucks came with his family; that was really cool. It's amazing to think of what planting a seed can do in someone's life. To think God doesn't even need us, but still uses us for opportunities like that is really special. As we ended the service, our pastor prayed for me, and I truly felt the love of the body of Christ. It felt like my family was equipping me to leave, but it didn't feel sad. When I first thought of leaving Pathways, I thought of it on a human level. I'm leaving friends, mentors, a familiar church experience, a paycheck. When I thought about it on a deeper level, it felt more like a family celebrating the departure of a son, leaving to go make a difference on others. That made me excited. I'm not leaving in sorrow, I'm carrying the fire, I going on to spread the love of God to others. What a blessed burden I carry!

Today was my last day at Starbucks on Chase & Avocado. It's really weird to think I won't work there again. Today some of my regulars gave me cards, presents and sweets to commemorate my leaving. It made me feel really loved, really special.

Now the weird part starts...

For the past 9 months, I've been working 3 jobs. To say I'm relieved to not have to work so much anymore would be an understatement. Just to give you a little taste of what I've been doing, here's what my typical schedule would look like for a given week (I really don't want you to think I'm bringing this up to whine about working, because I never felt sorry for myself for working so much, and I want to make that clear; this is not me complaining, I promise).

Monday - Starbucks: 4:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Tuesday - Starbucks: 5:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Wednesday - Starbucks: 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Islands: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Thursday - Starbucks: 4:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Pathways Worship: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday - Starbucks: 4:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Islands: 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Saturday - Starbucks: 4:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Islands: 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Sunday - Pathways Worship: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Sooooo glad my schedule isn't going to be that anymore! Ha ha. Time to have a life, again!

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment