Saturday, September 18, 2010

Today, it hit me.

While I was packing today, it hit me. I'm moving. This is really happening...

I've been having this problem lately, where it doesn't seem like I can feel anything, emotionally. Normally being an emotional person, this is peculiar for me. Today, for the first time in months, while packing some of my belongings, I felt something. I felt sad and it hurt. It wasn't any particular thing that caused me to feel sad, I guess it's just leaving that makes me sad.

The feeling didn't last long, however, because I remembered how amazing my God is, and how much He loves me. God did something amazing to my heart on Thursday. He made me feel worthy to be used, in sharing my faith with an old friend I hadn't seen or talked to in over 6 years. She was moved by our conversation and it reignited a desire for God in her life. Wow! It's amazing to me how God uses us even when we don't feel ready. I guess we're never really ready (Moses wasn't ready when God wanted to use him, and he'd been waiting 40 years on God, to reveal how He was going to use him, like promised) but God does His work through us, regardless.

Thinking more and more about my move as the date rapidly approaches, I'm feeling less scared and more ready. God is giving me the courage and strength I need and while I still don't feel comfortable, I feel secure in what lies ahead.

On a lighter note, I bought a Fender Twin amp on Tuesday for $500! It sounds amazing and I am so thankful for the blessing of a deal God provided for me, just before moving! Sweeeet!

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment