Sunday, October 24, 2010

Before I get all deep on you...

Soooo, everything I've posted on this blog has been so...serious. Those of you who know me know that I am crazy, hyperactive and sillllly. I only act normal to maintain the illusion of normalcy for the sake of others' comfort. Basically, I'm really weird. Ask my family. Seriously, really, really weird.

That being said, I'm embarking on the first track of my new R&B/Hip Hop side-project, called "Dishman." Yes, I'm serious (but at the same time, it's a complete joke). I've never done this genre, so I'm looking at it as a learning experience and lofty musical endeavor.

I just started programming the drums in Reason and I already am just giddy, thinking about how funny/awesome this is going to be when it's done. All kidding aside, you will get this song stuck in your head when you hear it. And before I get all deep on you, I won't.

It's been a little sad not having as much income as I used to because now that I have time to play guitar, I want pedals. I narrowed my list down to a few delightful treasures of ambiance:

  • Diamond Tremelo - It's got a double-speed feature, lots of different settings for modes, and it's analog with tap-tempo. It's heaven-sent.
  • Strymon Bluesky Reverberator - I can't even tell you how much I want this. It's shimmer feature is like the blaring of angels' trumpets in heaven.
  • Electro-harmonix POG 2 - The organ feature, the 12-string feature and memory bank are awesome, while the higher, unstable frequencies of the upper octave are sooo wonderfully balanced. Mmmm.
Being a guitarist is an illness. An illness without a cure. I could probably fill an entire house with all the gear I'd like to have around. You think I'm kidding.

Justin


No comments:

Post a Comment