Sunday, November 21, 2010

You are Famous

Ever wanted to be famous? When I was younger, I wanted to be famous. I thought it would be great to be a celebrity, to be rich, to own a huge house. I would occasionally look up information about celebs, on the internet. I thought celebrity sounded like the perfect life.

As I've grown up, I've discovered celebrities don't really have it that great. While their lives seem pretty well put-together on the outside, I would guess that it's a pretty empty way to live. Honestly though, fame is pretty intriguing, everything aside.

Truth is, you are famous and so am I. Not only did the God of the Universe send His son Jesus to die for our ugly sins on the cross, He knows everything there is to know about you; every detail. The Bible says in Luke, chapter twelve, verse seven, "Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered." God knows every little thing about us because He created us. Wow!

I watched a documentary last night called "The Cross." It was about a man named Arthur Blessitt, who has carried a twelve foot cross through every single nation and largely inhabited island on the planet. Not many of us have the passion or desire to live out Luke 9:23 as literally as Mr. Blessitt has, and for that, I have a deep respect for him. The premise of the film may seem a little extreme, but what I really admire about Arthur Blessitt is this; there is zero doubt concerning what he truly lives for and what his life is all about. Watching the documentary caused me to start praying about how I can leave a lasting impact on others, because of God.

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment