Friday, November 19, 2010

Another world, another planet

Facebook is a sort of... well, crazy. It's a great way to keep up with friends but when you really think about it, it's this chaotic window into the lives of, in some instances, mere acquaintances. Sometimes information intended for friends and family is shared on Facebook, depending on the individual, of course (and their level of personal disclosure). Because I happen to know someone on even the smallest level, I'm automatically granted access to their life. It's weird, really weird.

Sometimes, when I'm checking my Facebook I get to thinking about how everyone's lives are such different worlds than my own and how everything just slams together in an internet-cosmic boom. Whoa.

On another note, I heard another awesome sermon last night at Generation Church. I love this church (so does everyone else who goes there) and the message is always passionate and Spirit-filled.

One of the coolest things I took away from last night was this:
Pastor Mark talked about one of the problems we face, as Christians. We ingest all of this amazing teaching, numerous passages of scripture, yet often times we don't do anything with it. We're spiritually constipated (for lack of a better phrase).

Mark said something that really hit me. He said we want to believe all of this amazing, spiritual stuff, but we don't practice everything we believe. So basically, we really only believe what we practice. Think about that for a while...

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment