Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Exciting News

A major blessing happened to me a couple weeks ago but I wanted to wait until things were more finalized to blog about it.

About two weeks ago, I was asked if I'd like to take part in a worship-leading internship under the worship leader at my old church, Eagle Nazarene! He asked to meet with me a couple Thursdays ago and laid out a blueprint of what my position would look like. We met today to finalize more of what my role will be and I am so excited to get started.

On the music side of things, I'll be involved in the worship service three weeks out of the month, playing electric and acoustic guitar, co-leading, leading on individual songs, and on some weeks, leading the team alone.

On the non-music side of things, I'll be learning leadership fundamentals and more spiritual discipline for the purpose of not only leading a band of musicians, but a group of worshipers and the congregation.

Once a week, I'll be working directly with the worship leader, learning the ins and outs of what goes on during the week, off-stage. This will give me a better picture of what it looks like to work in full-time ministry, leading worship.

I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am about this opportunity. I've felt a calling to lead worship from a very young age and my experiences at Pathways in the past few years gave me a better picture in having confidence to fulfill that calling. I feel so incredibly blessed to be given the chance to learn and grow as a Christian, and worshiper and musician in this internship.

God truly is a redeeming God. He turns water into wine, empowers the weak and sustains the weary. By grace, I've been redeemed in the blood of The Lamb. The love and grace God has shown me are incredible and indescribable. This gift He's given me has left me overwhelmed. I know I don't deserve this, and I am so humbled by the fact that God loves me unconditionally and eternally.

When I moved here, I knew God had a plan to restore my life, to repair the blindness I inflicted upon my heart. All I can say is thank you, Jesus.

Also.... I'm going to be an uncle come August! Congrats to Jason and Megan! :)

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment