Monday, October 3, 2011

I believe in restoration.

I believe in hope. I believe in restoration, especially the restoration that God desires and orchestrates for His people; the church. The book of Proverbs speaks of God's hatred of lies, wickedness and division among His people, yet we Christians often accept these things as a necessary bi-product of our human condition.

We're imperfect people and our consequences can potentially create barriers between us. Barriers our Savior has already broken down, yet we persist in re-building them. Some fear change is impossible but I know my God loves to do the impossible.

I believe in hope. I believe there is hope for God's church. I believe that rumors, lies, jealousy and selfishness were conquered by Christ's resurrection and I believe healing is on the way. It is our duty to believe in restoration, to pray for restoration, and to act in accordance of restoration's promised arrival.

We will see restoration in the church when the innocent forgive the guilty for the pain they've endured in their stead. We will see restoration in the church when the eyes of the wicked are opened, as Saul's were on the road to Damascus. We will see restoration in the church when the accusers can admit, "I was wrong."

The book of Isaiah tells an amazing story of God's redemption for his chosen people. Isaiah 49 paints a clear picture of what awaits His afflicted people.

Isaiah 49:8-13

8 This is what the LORD says:

“In the time of my favor I will answer you,
and in the day of salvation I will help you;
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people,
to restore the land
and to reassign its desolate inheritances,
9 to say to the captives, ‘Come out,’
and to those in darkness, ‘Be free!’

“They will feed beside the roads
and find pasture on every barren hill.
10 They will neither hunger nor thirst,
nor will the desert heat or the sun beat down on them.
He who has compassion on them will guide them
and lead them beside springs of water.
11 I will turn all my mountains into roads,
and my highways will be raised up.
12 See, they will come from afar—
some from the north, some from the west,
some from the region of Aswan.[a]

13 Shout for joy, you heavens;
rejoice, you earth;
burst into song, you mountains!
For the LORD comforts his people
and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.

Let's remember that those we carry grudges against, spread rumors about and turn our backs on should be the ones we rely on, love, trust and see love in. Restoration is coming; welcome it with open arms, or get out of its way before it flattens you. Either way, God's will is inevitable.

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment