Saturday, October 9, 2010

Think of the most incredible dream you've ever had...

I saw a movie tonight.

This post is not going to be about Inception, I promise.

However, watching the trailer for Inception, (we went to a $2 theater where the movies play a few months behind) I got thinking about dreams, in a theological way. I started thinking about the majesty of God and all the imagery the songs we sing evoke, for me. The cinematography in Inception is remarkable, and got me thinking about the amazing things we create in our dreams.

I've had some pretty incredibly impossible dreams in my life (as have my father and brother). Anything from being chased through the jungle by dinosaurs, facing nuclear Armageddon at the hands of The Mormon Church, having a giant "Where's Waldo" chasing me through suburbia... the list goes on.

Our imaginations seem to have a limitless capability for producing epic trains of thought in the pictures we paint while dreaming. Think about the most incredible dream you've ever had. The details, the plot, the people, the action. Incredible, right? Your mind is capable of some pretty amazing things, however odd dreams are at times.

This is where I want to get theological. Isn't it amazing that our minds are completely incapable of understanding God? Even in a dream, we can't fathom His awe. Even if you stretched the human mind to the limit, it could never paint a vivid picture of Almighty God. There I sat in the theater, thinking about God's majesty, His unending power and might; it was all I could think about.

Psalm 145:3 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom.

No comments:

Post a Comment