Monday, March 21, 2011

Flashes and Sensations/I AM

That summer, heat was more of an afterthought than an uninvited condition.

I don't really remember feeling irritated by the heat. For the most part, my memory recalls cool grass and lovely evenings more than hot and sticky torture. I was so naive but so free. I was a child and it was okay. I was in love and I was a fool in so many ways, but love was not one of them.

It was the summer of "I will."

"I will" used to mean a lot to me. "I will marry _________," "I will feel content when _______," "Someday, I will ________." I used to have plenty of goals with absolutely no intention of taking any action to fulfill them. It was a pretty pointless way to live.

These days, I'm far more concerned with "I am." I am Justin Newell. I am a Christ-follower. I am a worship leader. I am trying to follow God's will for my life. I am loving my parents in a meaningful way. I am thankful for the job I have been blessed with. I am loved by God despite all of the stupid things I've done and said.

I am persevering in all I do and I am trusting in I AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment