Sunday, March 13, 2011

How?

I love reading about King David. There are so many incredible passages about him in The Bible but those aren't necessarily the core reason of why I love David.

I love David because he was a screw up. He failed God over and over and over again, but God still chose to use him. Why? Because God loved David.

David's best friend was Jonathan. Jonathan was King Saul's son, and even after Saul tried to kill David, David loved Jonathan. So much so that when David learned of Jonathan's death, he wanted to do anything he could to bless Jonathan's family. So he brought his son, Mephibosheth to Jerusalem to live in his palace.

Mephibosheth was a cripple, as both his legs were broken when he was a child but at the table of royalty, in the presence of all the elite of Jerusalem, he was a king. He dined with the somebodies and was eventually given a large estate for he and his son, Micah.

David loved like God loves us. He was a man after God's own heart.
Mephibosheth was a nobody, but because of who his father was, David made him a somebody.

I am a nobody. I am screwed up, but God loves me. He loves me so much that He has blessed me with Salvation. I sit at the table of kings all because of who my father is...

Days like today make me wish every day was Sunday. We celebrated God's goodness in worship this morning! His peace and grace filled the dead building we stood in. I had a rough Friday and Saturday especially, and today was healing. I am so thankful for the abundant joy that is in our Savior. I am so thankful He has chosen me, a nobody, to be somebody for Him. I could ask, "How?" but I'd already know the answer.

Thank you for life.



No comments:

Post a Comment